The 5th annual Swiss IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Navisco AG – Sourcing Professionals
, investigates more than 310 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 80 of the top IT spending organisations in Switzerland.
Key findings from the Swiss Study include:
- 46% of all respondents in the Swiss study state that they are planning to outsource more, while only 7% cite that they are planning to outsource less. Overall, the sourcing market is set to continue to grow – as 78% of all respondents in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more.
- Focus on core business is the most important driver for organizations looking to outsource more (cited by 80%) – overtaking cost reduction for the first time in 4 years. Business transformation and innovation are strongly coming up as key drivers to outsource.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 91% of the 311 IT outsourcing contracts being evaluated as satisfactory.
- TCS is the highest ranked provider with a general satisfaction score of 83%, followed by Cognizant (78%), SAP (76%) and Swisscom, Microsoft and HCL (all three at 75%).
- In the applications development and support space TCS and Cognizant score high, followed by HCL and Accenture. And SAP is scoring high as a SaaS (Software as a Service) provider.
- In data center services HCL and Swisscom lead in satisfaction, closely followed by Microsoft as a public cloud services provider.
- In network and telecommunications Swisscom, Orange and Verizon lead in satisfaction.
- As to new trends, the adoption of Agile development methodology is already wide spread by now, while the new wave of automation, robotics and artificial intelligence to automate the IT function needs to mature further to deliver its full benefits.
Above: Jef Loos, Whitelane, presents the results of the Swiss Study.
To request a copy of the Swiss management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.
Purchase the Swiss Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.