The 2019 Swiss IT Sourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in collaboration with Navisco AG – Sourcing Professionals
, investigates more than 315 unique IT sourcing relationships held by over 90 of the top IT spending organisations across all industry sectors in Switzerland.
Key findings from the 2019 Swiss study include:
- Over the next two years outsourcing will continue to increase in Switzerland with 71% of organisations planning to outsource at the same rate or more, although the percentage of organisations planning to outsource more decreased by 9 percentage points in comparison with last year. The percentage of companies planning to insource has also increased by three percentage points in comparison with last year and eight percentage points compared to 2017.
- The top three objectives for IT outsourcing from a client perspective are focus on core business, cost reduction and access to resources. Service providers consider cost reduction the most important factor in their clients’ outsourcing decisions while they place almost twice as much emphasis on innovation.
- Cost reduction is no longer the number 1 driver for outsourcing, dropping significantly by 12 percentage points in comparison with last year. Access to resources, business transformation and more financial flexibility all increase by 5% or more.
- The service provider community continues to show a strong overall satisfaction level with 92% of the clients being somewhat to very satisfied with the 318 evaluated IT sourcing relationships.
- TCS and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are the joint highest-ranking providers with a general satisfaction score of 79%, followed by HCL and SAP (both at 78%), Salesforce.com (76%) and Microsoft (74%). The average satisfaction score increased by six percent in comparison with last year demonstrating the high level of satisfaction among clients with their IT service providers in Switzerland.
Across the three different IT domains, the highest-ranking providers are:
- For application development, maintenance, testing and SaaS: TCS, Salesforce.com and SAP
- For data centre, managed infrastructure, hosting and IaaS/PaaS: HCL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft
- For network & telecommunications: Swisscom, Orange Business Services and BT
- 56% of organisations are already using agile as their preferred model with another 35% planning to adopt it implying that more than 90% of organisations in Switzerland have incorporated agile in their IT operations. In the financial services sector, the use of agile is significantly higher at 75%, compared to 43% of manufacturing organisations and 50% of the other sectors.
The results of our 2019 Swiss IT Sourcing Study were presented by Jef Loos, Whitelane and Dr. Michael Heym, Navisco in Zurich on 19 September 2019. The event featured client presentations from Kuoni and ABB in addition to a vendor panel debate.
Purchase the Swiss Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full Swiss report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 9 different KPIs, please email email@example.com.
To request a copy of the Swiss management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.