The 2016 Spanish IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Quint Wellington Redwood
, examines more than 625 unique IT outsourcing contracts representing more than 185 participants of the top IT spending companies in Spain.
Key findings from the Spanish Study include:
- 82% of participants in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more (an increase of 4% from 2015), with 37% saying that they will outsource more in the coming years. Only 5% intend to reduce current levels of outsourcing.
- Cost reduction (cited by 59%) remains the most important driver for outsourcing more for the 4th consecutive year. In the financial services sector this figure is even higher (68%). However, the importance of this factor has suffered an important decrease during the last 4 years (-10%), while ‘business transformation’ has increased by 28%.
- 91 percent of clients are satisfied with their outsourcing contract, an increase of 2% compared with 2015.
Everis and Ibermática maintain their position as number 1 in the ranking with a score of 79%, followed by itconic (78%) and Accenture and IECISA (both with a score of 76%).
- 69% of participants intend to increase the use of public cloud with the main driver cited as ‘greater ease of access to resources’.
- 74% of participants recognize that sustainability and social responsibility is becoming increasingly important in outsourcing decisions while only 27% is measuring it in practice. This means that the market is still relatively immature.
Above: Antonio Crespo, Director General Iberia, Quint Wellington Redwood
The results of our 2016 IT Outsourcing Study for Spain were presented in Madrid on 16 November. The event also featured two presentations by Pedro Navas, Department Head Systems & Infrastructure, AZKAR and Ignacio López, Head of Service and Sourcing Strategy, Amadeus.
Purchase the Spanish Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 11 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (available in Spanish/disponible en español)