These are the key conclusions of the 2017 IT Outsourcing Study for Belgium and Luxembourg, which was conducted by Whitelane Research in collaboration with Vlerick Business School. The study investigates more than 550 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 200 of the top IT spending organisations in the BeLux region. The total combined annual value of the contracts covered by this study is more than €1.5 billion and all industry sectors are represented.
Purchase the BeLux Report
- There is still an appetite for outsourcing among European companies. 80% of all respondents in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more, with 43% citing that they are planning to outsource more.
- Cost reduction is the most important driver for organisations planning to increase the level of outsourcing within their organisation (62%), followed by focus on core business (58%) and access to resources (46%).
- The service provider community continued to show a strong overall performance, with clients remaining satisfied with 89% of contracts. Still, there are differences between the performances of the 25 IT service providers ranked in this year’s study, and our full report contains more detailed information, such as the service providers ranking by IT domain as well as by 11 different KPIs across four dimensions.
- TCS and Hexaware occupy first place on the ranking as the suppliers with the highest level of satisfaction with a joint score of 79%, followed by Cognizant (76%), Computacenter (75%) and Accenture (74%). We have also created rankings by the three main industries: Financial Services, Public Sector, and Other. The full ranking of the providers by general satisfaction and by industry is included in the final report.
Purchase the European Report
Purchase the French Report
Purchase the Spanish Report
Purchase the Dutch Report
- Eighty percent of all respondents in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more, with 43 percent saying they will outsource more indicating that the Swiss market still has significant growth potential.
- Cost reduction (cited by 91 percent) is the main driver for companies planning to outsource more. However, the need to focus on their core business (up 23 percent compared to last year) as well as transform the business (up seven percent compared to last year) have become significantly more important.
- TCS is ranked first in the overall service provider satisfaction ranking with a score of 83 percent, followed by Cognizant (80 percent), HCL (76 percent) and Swisscom (75 percent).