- Over the next two years more outsourcing is predicted for Europe, although the rate is somewhat decreasing compared to last year. Seventy-five percent of respondents plan to outsource at the same rate or more, but the number of companies planning to outsource more has decreased from 44% to 38% in comparison with last year. The number of companies looking to outsource less (insource) remains stable.
- The main objectives to outsource for clients are cost reduction, focus on core business and access to resources.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 88% of the 5000 IT sourcing relationships being evaluated as satisfactory.
- TCS achieves 1st place for a consecutive year with a general satisfaction score of 79%, followed closely by Google (78%), Amazon Web Services (AWS) (77%), Hexaware (76%) and Salesforce and LTI (both at an impressive 75%). Deloitte is the only new entrant in this year’s ranking with a score just above the 69% average. The full European report contains rankings by IT domain, country, industry and contract size.
- This year we have asked organisations about technology trends related to Agile, robotics and artificial intelligence. More than 50% of participants are already using Agile as the preferred delivery model while another 30% plan to adopt it. By industry, the financial services sector has the largest adoption (61%) while use of Agile within the public sector is much lower at 41%.
- Although robotics and artificial intelligence are not yet widely adopted (due to barriers such as a lack of awareness by the business and IT, as well as maturity of these technologies), 68% of clients cite that the benefits are significant or even very significant. The financial services sector is again significantly ahead of other sectors, with almost three quarters of financial services organisations already using robotics and AI compared to 50% of public sector and other industry sectors.
Purchase the French Report
Purchase the German Report
Purchase the Spanish Report
Purchase the Swiss Report
Purchase the UK Report
- Johan Torstensson, VP, Head of Group IT & Enterprise IT, Ericsson
- Merethe Johansen, Group Manager Infrastructure and Operations, Marine Harvest
- Vladimir Simic, CIO, Nynas
- Ian Willetts, MD Technology, Accenture
- Sven Langerak, Director Sourcing & Vendor Management, Posten Norge
- Philippe Roques, SVP, Capgemini
The award, based on our 2014/2015 IT Outsourcing Study for Europe investigates more than 4200 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 1470 of the top IT spending organisations in Europe.
Commenting on the No.1 ranking, Jef Loos said:
“Despite its high growth rates, TCS has managed to retain the top most position in satisfaction for both its large (above €10 million) and small accounts (below €10 million), a strong indicator of its consistent account management quality”.
The last event in our Annual IT Outsourcing Forum series took place on Wednesday, 15 October at the Grand Hôtel in Stockholm. We were delighted to welcome more than 45 attendees.
- Stefan Wilsson, Business CIO, SAS
- Joacim Dahlgren Vanhainen, SVP & Head of Group Regulatory IT Solutions, Nordea
- Finn Carsten, IBM Sweden
- Abhijeet Kelkar, Cognizant Nordics
Following the end-user and service provider presentations, Gösta Ljunberg of PA Consulting and Jef Loos of Whitelane presented the sourcing advisor’s view before moderating the panel session which included representatives from Accenture, Atos, Cognizant, IBM , TCS and Tieto.