2020 Nordic IT Sourcing Study Results Published
The 2020 Nordic IT Sourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in collaboration with PA Consulting, investigates more than 700 unique IT sourcing relationships as well as more than 700 cloud sourcing relationships held by over 340 participants of the top IT spending organisations in the Nordics, making this the most comprehensive Nordic survey to date with more than 1,400 contracts investigated.
Key findings from the 2020 Nordic IT Sourcing Study include:
- Over the next two years more outsourcing is predicted for the Nordic region, with 67% of respondents planning to outsource at the same rate or more. Plans to outsource less (insource), 18%, have however increased by five percentage points in comparison with last year, signalling a more balanced and considered approach in the years to come. The majority of organisations are insourcing for faster time-to-market and/or improved quality outcomes.
- By country, most outsourcing growth is expected in Sweden with 36% of organisations citing that they plan to outsource more (up 7% since last year). Finland has the lowest level of expected insourcing across the Nordics while less outsourcing is predicted for both Denmark and Norway.
- More scalability to business needs is the main driver for organisations planning to outsource more in the Nordics, followed by cost reduction and focus on core business. The majority of service providers (84%) believe cost reduction is the main reason their clients outsource more, followed by access to resources/talent.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 87% of all 702 IT sourcing relationships being rated as satisfactory, 9% being somewhat unsatisfied, 3% unsatisfied and only 1% very unsatisfied.
- On the overall ranking for general satisfaction, TCS is the top scoring provider with 81%, followed closely by Basefarm (80%) and Sopra Steria (76%). The average satisfaction score remains stable in comparison with last year, increasing by just one percentage point. Our full report ranks the service providers by three different IT domains (applications, infrastructure and end-user services) and the cloud providers by software cloud platforms and infrastructure cloud platforms.
- Across the four Nordic countries, the highest-ranking providers are:
- For Denmark: TCS, HCL and Deloitte
- For Finland: TCS, CGI and Fujitsu
- For Norway: TCS, Basefarm and Accenture
- For Sweden: TCS, ATEA and Accenture
- 73% of organisations are already using Automation more intelligently in the Nordics, up 11% compared to last year while another 20% is planning to it. Use of intelligent Automation is highest in Finland (88%) while Sweden continues to lag behind the other countries with 58%, although most growth is expected in the country. One in five organisations confirm the benefits of these new technologies are shared significantly by their service providers although the majority (52%) say they are only shared marginally.
- One in two organisations in Norway predict that more than 50% of their application portfolio will be running on a cloud platform in two years, while this figure is much lower in Denmark (21%) and Sweden (18%).
Purchase the Nordic Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full Nordic report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by five different IT domains as well as by 9 different KPIs, please email email@example.com.
To request a copy of the Nordic management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.