2019 French IT Sourcing Study Results Published
The 2019 French IT Sourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research, investigates more than 610 unique IT sourcing relationships held by over 160 of the top IT spending organisations across all industry sectors in France.
Key findings from the 2019 French Study include:
- Over the next two years more outsourcing is predicted for France with 59% of organisations planning to outsource at the same rate or more. This is one of the lowest levels of outsourcing plans across Europe, partially caused by the high percentage of organisations that are unsure of their future outsourcing intentions (27%), showing a high degree of uncertainty in France. Plans to insource decrease by four percentage points to 14%.
- We have asked the 14% of organisations that plan to outsource less what factors are driving more insourcing. The primary reason to insource is the need to increase the speed/quality of delivery (cited by 77%), followed by the increase in the total cost of outsourcing (62%).
- The top three objectives for IT outsourcing from a client perspective are cost reduction, focus on core business and access to resources. Service providers also rank cost reduction the most important factor in their clients’ outsourcing decisions (cited by 75%), however they consider focus on core business only half as important (33% compared to 66% of clients) and underestimate the importance of access to resources.
- The service provider community continues to show a strong overall satisfaction level with 91% of the clients being somewhat to very satisfied with the 611 evaluated IT sourcing relationships.
- On the overall ranking for general satisfaction, TCS and Google are the highest-ranking providers with a joint satisfaction score of 80%, followed by LTI (78%), Amazon Web Services (AWS) (77%) and Microsoft and Salesforce.com (both at 76%). The average satisfaction score of 71% increases by just 1% in comparison with last year.
- Across the three different IT domains, the highest-ranking providers are:
- For application development, maintenance, testing and SaaS: TCS, LTI and Salesforce.com
- For datacenter, managed infrastructure & hosting: Amazon Web Services (AWS), HCL and Microsoft
- For end-user services & collaboration solutions: Capgemini, Google and Microsoft
- The majority of organisations (86%) are already using Agile as their preferred delivery model with another 13% planning to use it. A significant increase in the use of DevOps (+38%) is also expected in France.
The results of our 2019 IT Sourcing Study for France were presented in Paris on 12 December 2019. Jef Loos presented the results of the study to participants and the event featured client presentations from Marc Lafond, VP, Digital at Schneider Electric and Benoist Bouston, IT Transformation Program Director at Ipsen in addition to a panel debate with service providers.
Purchase the French Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report (available in French and English)
containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 9 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a copy of the French management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.