2018 French IT Outsourcing Study Results Published
The 6th annual French IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research investigates more than 500 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 145 of the top IT spending organisations in France.
Key findings from the 2018 French study include:
- Over the next two years modest growth is predicted for the IT outsourcing market in France, with 63% of all organisations citing that they are planning to outsource at the same rate or more. On a European level, France has the lowest percentage of companies planning to outsource more (26% compared to the European average of 38%).
- From a client perspective, the main objectives to outsource are focus on core business, cost reduction and improvement of service quality. Service providers in France place more importance on cost reduction and business transformation while they undervalue the importance placed by their clients on focus on core business and innovation as objectives to outsource their IT services.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 90% of the 503 IT sourcing relationships being evaluated as satisfactory.
- LTI and Google are the highest ranked providers with a joint general satisfaction score of 78%, followed by Capgemini (77%), Amazon (76%) and Cognizant (75%). The average satisfaction score drops by 2% in comparison with last year.
- Service providers continue to have a more critical view about their client’s capabilities. While 76% of clients are satisfied with their business relationship management and demand forecasting skills, 58% of providers rate client skills in this area as immature. In addition, almost 60% of providers rate their client’s capabilities in transition and change management as immature while three in four clients state they are satisfied with their capabilities in this field, showing a disconnect in perceptions.
- 88% of participants revealed that they are already using Agile as the preferred delivery model, with an additional 6% of participants planning to adopt it. Compared to the rest of Europe, France has one of the highest levels of Agile adoption.
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence are increasingly more adopted with almost 67% of organisations citing that they are currently using these new technologies.
The results of our 2018 IT Outsourcing Study for France were presented in Paris on 17 January 2019. Jef Loos presented the results of the study to participants and the event featured client presentations from Benoit Delmas, CTO of Saint Gobain and Franck Meriau, CIO of TF1 in addition to a panel debate with service providers from Capgemini, IBM and TCS.
Purchase the French Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report (available in French and English)
containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a copy of the French management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.