2018 Spanish IT Outsourcing Study Results Published
The 2018 Spanish IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Quint Wellington Redwood
, examines 785 IT outsourcing relationships representing more than 225 participants of the top IT spending companies in Spain.
Key findings from the Spanish Study include:
- Over the next two years more outsourcing is predicted for Spain, with almost 82% of all organisations confirming that they are planning to outsource at the same rate or more. The percentage of companies that are planning to insource (6%) has remained stable in comparison with last year.
- Insourcing is driven by the need to create and maintain intellectual property (cited by 88% of participants) and the speed and quality of delivery (75%).
- By industry, outsourcing will experience the biggest growth in professional services, energy, healthcare and banking. On the other hand, the entertainment, telecommunications and retail sectors have lower than average results.
- The main drivers for companies to outsource are improvement of service quality, cost reduction and access to resources. However, service providers in Spain need to better understand the reasons why their clients outsource. From their perspective the most important reasons for clients to outsource are business transformation and innovation.
- Satisfaction with the providers continues to be high. Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 95% of the 785 IT sourcing relationships being evaluated as satisfactory. Spain has one of the highest levels of client satisfaction in Europe.
- Everis and Ibermática lead the ranking for a consecutive year, with a joint satisfaction score of 83%. They are followed by public cloud providers Amazon and Google (both at 82%) and Accenture, Atos and Deloitte (all three at 80%). The ranking includes 8 new providers in comparison with 2017, four of which are cloud providers.
- 57% of companies have already adopted, robotics, IoT and/or artificial intelligence. This growth is most relevant within the financial services sector, with 62% of companies confirming that they already use these technologies.
- We have also asked participants about agile methods and 40% of participants confirmed they already use agile, while 33% plan to use agile shortly. The financial services sector is again at the vanguard of this new trend, with 44% already using Agile and 41% planning to adopt this model.
The results of our 2018 IT Outsourcing Study for Spain were presented by Whitelane and Quint Wellington Redwood in Madrid on 15 November. The event also featured a round table discussion with speakers from: Banco de España, Logalty, DAMM and Seguros Pelayo.
Purchase the Spanish Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (available in Spanish/disponible en español)