2018 Swiss IT Outsourcing Results Published
The 6th annual Swiss IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Navisco AG – Sourcing Professionals
, investigates more than 300 unique IT outsourcing relationships held by over 80 of the top IT spending organisations in Switzerland.
Key findings from the Swiss Study include:
- Over the next two years more outsourcing is predicted for Switzerland, with almost 50% of all organisations citing that they are planning to outsource more. Interestingly also the percentage of companies that are planning to insource has gone up from 7% to 12%.
- From a client perspective, the main objectives to outsource are cost reduction, focus on core business and access to resources. Service providers in Switzerland place more importance on business transformation while they undervalue the importance placed by their clients on innovation and focus on core business as objectives to outsource their IT services.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 85% of the 304 IT sourcing relationships being evaluated as satisfactory.
- TCS is the highest ranked provider with a general satisfaction score of 74%, followed by SAP and new entrant Amazon (both at 73%), Cognizant and T-Systems (both at 71%), Microsoft (70%) and HCL and Verizon (both at 68%). Average satisfaction drops by 4% in comparison with last year while satisfaction across each of the IT domains also decreases with few providers improving upon last year’s scores.
- More than half of organisations are already using Agile as the preferred delivery model while another 30% of participants plan to adopt it. There is however still uncertainty about how exactly the agile methodology can best be incorporated, as we see organisations that no longer believe they require a traditional planning and justify any delays as well as organisations that are afraid that the costs and planning cannot be controlled anymore.
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence are increasingly more adopted with almost 58% of organisations citing that they are currently using these new technologies. Most clients expect their service providers to keep up to date with the latest developments in this area and integrate this into their service offering in order to further improve the service delivery and at the same time lower costs.
Above: Jef Loos, Whitelane, presents the results of the 2018 Swiss Study.
To request a copy of the Swiss management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.
Purchase the Swiss Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email email@example.com.