2018 Nordic IT Outsourcing Study Results Published
The 6th annual Nordic IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with PA Consulting Group
, investigates more than 1000 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 330 of the top IT spending organisations in the Nordic region. All industry sectors are represented.
Key findings from the Nordic Study include:
- Over the next two years less outsourcing is predicted for the Nordics. Although 74% of respondents plan to outsource at the same rate or more, the number of companies planning to outsource more has decreased from 44% to 36% in comparison with last year.
- From a sector perspective, 42% of the respondents in Financial Services plan to outsource more followed by manufacturing where 38% indicate they are looking to outsource more.
- From a client perspective, the main objectives to outsource are focus on core business, cost reduction and access to resources. Service providers in the Nordics place more importance on cost reduction and business transformation while they undervalue the importance of focus on core business and financial flexibility.
- Innovation is gaining traction as a main objective for companies who consider outsourcing with 30% of the respondents citing innovation as a top three objective. However, the results show that clients are not pleased with the amount of innovation brought to bear by the service providers with 12% of the respondents indicating that they did not achieve their innovation objectives.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 88% of the 1,003 IT outsourcing contracts being evaluated as satisfactory.
- TCS is the highest ranked provider with a general satisfaction score of 82%, followed by Salesforce.com (78%), Accenture (75%), HCL, Telenor and Amazon (all three at 74%), LTI and Basefarm (both at 73%) and Capgemini, Telia Company and Microsoft (all three at 72%). Average satisfaction drops by 2% in comparison with last year.
- There was a 2-percentage point increase in the number of companies looking to insource. The main reasons cited for insourcing are speed, quality of delivery and innovation.
- Cloud providers are on the rise from a satisfaction perspective in the Nordics with Salesforce.com (78%), Amazon (74% ) and Microsoft (72%) placing themselves among the top 5 providers with highest customer satisfaction.
- The study also covered usage of robotic process automation (robotics) and artificial intelligence (AI) and results show that 60% of organisations have adopted new technologies of robotics/AI with 3 out of 4 quantifying the benefits to be significant.
The results of our 2018 IT Outsourcing Study for the Nordics were presented in Copenhagen, Oslo, Helsinki and Stockholm. We were delighted to have presentations from the following companies: ABB, Altinn, DNB, Elisa, Lantmannen, Leopharma, Maersk, Neste and Post Nord.
Purchase the Nordic Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email email@example.com.
Request the Management Summary
To request a copy of the Nordic management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.