2017 German IT Outsourcing Results Published
The 2017 German IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Navisco AG – Sourcing Professionals
, investigates more than 510 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 140 of the top IT spending organisations in Germany.
Key findings from the German Study include:
- 46% of all respondents in the German study state that they are planning to outsource more, while 14% cite that they are planning to outsource less (an increase of 6% from 2016). Overall, the sourcing market is set to continue to grow – as 3 out of 4 respondents in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more.
- Focus on core business is the highest priority for organisations for a second year in a row (69%), despite suffering a decrease of 10%. Cost reduction is the 2nd most important driver, also experiencing a drop in importance of 9%. We also asked the service provider community in Germany which drivers they expect to influence their clients most in the next few years. Service providers place twice as much emphasis on business transformation compared to what clients focus on and underestimate the importance of focus on core business as a driver for clients planning to increase their level of outsourcing.
- Overall, respondents are satisfied with their IT service provider(s), with 84% of the 512 IT outsourcing contracts being evaluated as satisfactory.
- TCS and Data Group are the highest ranked providers with a general satisfaction score of 80%, followed by new entrant Salesforce.com and Cognizant (both at 78%), Wipro (77%) and Amazon (76%).
- Clients and Service providers have differing views of client capability in managing service integration. While 3 out of 4 clients are to some degree satisfied with their own service integration capability, more than 50% of service providers rated client capabilities in service integration as immature.
To request a copy of the German management summary, please click on the button below and fill out the required information.
Purchase the German Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 8 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.