2017 Spanish IT Outsourcing Study Results Published
The 2017 Spanish IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in cooperation with Quint Wellington Redwood
, examines more than 690 unique IT outsourcing contracts representing more than 210 participants of the top IT spending companies in Spain.
Key findings from the Spanish Study include:
- 80% of participants in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more in the coming two years. Only 6% intend to reduce current levels of outsourcing.
- For the first time in 5 years ‘access to resources’ has taken over ‘cost reduction’ as the most important driver for companies planning to increase their level of outsourcing.
- 92% clients are satisfied with their outsourcing provider, especially in areas such as service quality, account management and business understanding.
- Everis and Ibermática lead the ranking for another year with a joint score of 81%. In second place, with 78% are Accenture, Capgemini and DXC Technology, followed by Vodafone and Atos with 77%.
- End-user clients and service providers have very different views regarding client capabilities in managing their transition and governance. The results show that 84% of clients are more or less satisfied with their current skills, whereas only 28% of providers evaluate their clients as mature in this area.
The results of our 2017 IT Outsourcing Study for Spain were presented in Madrid on 16 November. The event also featured a round table discussion with speakers from: ENEL, Lafarge Holcim, REE and Repsol.
Purchase the Spanish Report
If you would like to purchase a copy of the full report containing more detailed information, such as the main sourcing trends, ranking of the service providers by IT domain as well as by 9 different KPIs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (available in Spanish/disponible en español)